Fundraising in a Time of Crisis
Updated: Mar 19
In the fundraising world - in the entire world! - we find ourselves in uncharted waters. What do we do? At Arthur Alley, one of the things we are doing is sharing…sharing tidbits, tips and links that you may find helpful. We encourage you to keep up your good work and continue to tell your story.
• Take this chance to express concern for your supporters, and encourage them to use an abundance of caution in taking care of themselves, their family and their community.
• If an event is being cancelled or postponed, announce the new date or promise to notify them as soon as a new date is set – and follow through.
• Stay in touch with news of your work, and provide other ways of supporting your organization. Financial needs don’t go away in a crisis, they increase.
• If it seems appropriate for an individual supporter or corporate backer, make an ask. Include your online donation link.
• Ask yourself, “What does this situation make possible? What is the best use of my time?”
• Use this as an opportunity to reach out to folks who may (or may not) have been attending a cancelled event and personally share the message that may have been shared at the event.
• Individually, this is a great time to take care of each other, and do those small, special things for your family, friends and neighbors that there never seems to be enough time for. This crisis will create many new needs in our communities that those of us in the nonprofit world are particularly suited to fill.
LINKS – with facts, and associated regulations and guidance changing daily, some original thoughts or strategies may no longer be possible. Still, these are a few items we’ve found helpful in these early days of quarantines, shutdowns and the like.
If you have tips, links, ideas and actions that have worked for you, please share them with us. And if we can be of help to you in any way, please contact us. We’re sheltering in place and have extra time to contemplate, research and discuss. We look forward to hearing from you.
With all best wishes,
All of us at Arthur Alley Associated